Siku’s origins began in the German town of Ludenscheid in 1921. It was founded by Richard Sieper, a toolmaker working in metals and plastics. Early production items included aluminium cutlery, tools, belt buckles, buttons, military badges and decorations. The company went on to became a leader in the field of thermo-plastics, and in 1950 registered the name SIKU – formed from the first two letters of Sieper, and the first two letters of Kunstoff – the German word for synthetic material or plastic. Adapted from: Siku history
Below are scans taken from a German multi-lingual product catalogue showing the 1980 – 1981 range.
Thanks for looking!